The market for Long Term Care Insurance (LTCI) made available at the worksite has grown in recent years. At the same time, the number of products and carriers offering coverage in that space has decreased. Coverage has typically been offered through traditional or “standalone” LTCI. However, more recently, we have seen a proliferation of products in the “Linked Benefit” space (where Life Insurance or Annuities are combined with LTC riders) and in Life Insurance products where the death benefit can be “accelerated” and used to pay for extended care needs.
We know the individual long-term care insurance market has evolved over the last few years and we now see products better suited than ever to meet multiple consumer needs (e.g. protection OR a benefit if not used). The evolution of the newer products helps mitigate the age-old concern, “what happens if I never use the insurance?”
These newer generation products are becoming more palatable to not just industry professionals but also the individual buyers who were concerned with both the impact of a premature death, and an extended or long-term care/chronic illness.
It now appears the home-office product development teams are listening to both the consumers and benefit specialists and creating products for both the individual market and the employer market.
Now there is a linked group product and a proprietary employer/employee enrollment platform specifically designed for the true group employer markets. This unique enrollment platform utilizes the TransElite linked Life and Long-term care protection product, underwritten by Transamerica Life Insurance Company, and integrates an online enrollment platform to allow for a truly innovative way for employees to obtain quality long-term care (LTC) protection for themselves and their spouses or domestic partners.
What is LTC Complete? It is a real-time, on-line, self-enrollment (or advisor assisted) enrollment platform for an innovative linked benefit Life Insurance/LTC Rider product designed specifically for the worksite.
Not only is LTC Complete the new paradigm for Quality Long-Term Care Protection, the TransElite Group Insurance product offers some of the most innovative benefits available in the market today. Highlights of this new program include:
- Dual purpose life and LTC coverage insures the biggest financial risks faced during their lifetime.
- Guaranteed issue coverage available to fulltime employees and their spouses.
- Client receives CASH benefits at time of claim.
- Beneficiary receives a death benefit if the LTC pool is not used.
- Up to $1,000,000 of total LTC protection available with the ability to customize coverage to desired amounts.
- 90-calendar day (not service day) elimination period applies prior to receiving LTC benefits.
- Premiums are waived while receiving LTC benefits.
- A paid-up life policy is provided even if the initial death benefit is fully utilized to pay LTC benefits.
- Fully portable coverage at existing premiums if employee leaves the company.
- True Group Linked Product with Compensation Comparable to Individual Product Levels
- Situs with employer domiciled location- no more multiple state applications
- On-line Employee Self-Enrollments or Advisor Assisted Enrollment Capabilities.
- E-Signature Authentication for Employee and Advisor.
- Guaranteed Issue and Simplified Issues Underwriting Availability
- Basic and Customized Employee Benefit Selection Choices
- Full Vested – Broker of Record Protection-
The LTC Complete program was created by the National Alliance of Insurance Agencies, Inc. (the Alliance). Their website is: www.NAIAinc.com . The Alliance’s mission is to help find LTC solutions for every type of prospect. If, you would like to more insight into this program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Tell Me More About LTC Complete” in the subject line. We’ll be glad to send you the LTC Complete Training Video that will thoroughly explain the program. If you want additional information include contracting and commission arrangements, we’ll send that as well.
p.s. a special thank you to industry veteran Kim Purnell for his contributions to this article.
By: Bob Vandy, CLU, ChFC, LUTCF, CLTC – President, AIB